Thursday, February 4, 2010

AHH!


It’s comingggggg…Snowpocalypse P.2, Pandesnownium (my new fave from the Hook), Snoomsday, Snarmageddon, snnihilation, snowtastrophe…3 ft? 4 ft? I heard 10 feet! Really!! THIS IS GOING TO BE INSANEEE!

I’m feeling the snow day jitters. You know what I mean, they’re a vestige of your childhood that will NEVER ever leave. Yes, the adult in me is dreading all this snow, I’m already thinking about how long it’s going to take me to shovel out and how badly I just want to go to a nice restaurant tomorrow but I know it’s not going to happen. But, for some inexplicable reason, I’m excited. Really excited. Even though I know I’m not getting a snow day tomorrow and even though I know come day 2, day 3, day 8 (oh, I hope not…), I’m going to be miserable in my house, I just can’t wait.

Mostly, I think I’m excited to see how tomorrow plays out. All of us over here at Relay are going to be troopers tomorrow, the team spirit is infectious (do you feel it-all the way over there, wherever you are in internet land?). We’re going to rush around to our retailers in the morning, who will, I’m sure, be equally rushed with the Pandesnownium of last minute shoppers. Then we’ll find a way to get the trucks from our warehouse on River Rd. out to their pick-up locations while the rest of the team heads out in pairs to deliver orders (for free!) to anyone who can’t make it through the snow. Slip-sliding around Charlottesville with a car full of groceries has to be team bonding at its best.

Some way, some how, we’ll get your groceries to you so you’re not stranded and hungry for the weekend! I’m getting my order in tonight, partially because I just remembered that Sunday is the Superbowl (yikes, can we reschedule…) which means I’m going to spend some serious time thinking of Superbowl Snackies that I can (finger’s crossed) walk over to a neighborhood Superbowl party because we all know the best part of the Superbowl is the snacking and commercial watching…right?

Stay snafe and stay off the snroads!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite tag on Twitter: #snOMG! :) How far out will you deliver? Got my car stuck Tuesday night and couldn't even get AAA to come out here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Twitter!

    ReplyDelete