Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dreary days won't slow us down

I’m pretty sure I can feel the vitamin D slowly oozing out of my body…apparently the beautiful weather we had at the beginning of the week was just a tease. I’m feeling a serious urge today to hide under my covers, watch some movies and avoid all contact with the outside world until the sun decides to grace us with its presence once more. The only thing that is going to drag me kicking and screaming out of my warm cocoon is the fact that today is a GREAT day for the Relay team!

Yesterday Neal received a call from a sweet lady from UVA Health Systems who wanted 48 gift bags made up for the Residents who so heroically stayed at the hospital to help out during the Snowpocalypse of 2009…she wanted them all ready in 24 hours. Neal called Nancy, Nancy ran to Michaels to pick up gift bags and started madly calling our dedicated retailers. Eric from Feast pulled together 48 bags of chocolate bark (which wasn’t previously on the Relay site…). Kim from Reid’s stayed late to organize fresh fruit for each bag while Nancy rushed around passing out regular Wednesday home deliveries. Janet and Jenny at Foods rounded up variously flavored gnocchi. And KeriAn from Rebecca’s gathered up a ton of lipbalm and granola bars of all sorts. The Relay drivers are picking up all of the goodies with the regular orders right this minute and in about an hour I’ll have to drag myself out of my sun-less melancholy to (very happily) bag up thank-you gifts for our wonderful UVA Residents!

The Relay team does it again…Thanks to all of our retailers, the Residents themselves for taking care of all of the stranded, cold C’villians and Nancy for working extra hard to make this work!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really cool. You are such an enthusiatic, energetic and positive team. I'm so glad for all the great work you've been doing here in C'ville. Thank you and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved hearing about the part you played in encouraging the UVA residents! Way to go trudging through the snow.

    ReplyDelete